Kevin is a Pharmacist and gained his PhD from Nottingham under the supervision of Martyn Davies and Saul Tendler. In 1996 he took up a NATO Postdoctoral Fellowship at MIT with Bob Langer and returned to the UK in 1997 to take up an EPSRC Advanced Fellowship. In 2001 he was appointed to a Professorship.
Awards in recent years include:
- 2007 Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Achievement Award
- 2003 Hanson Award
- 2002 Royal Pharmaceutical Society Conference Medal
- 2001 MIT Technology Review List of the World’s 100 Top Young Innovators
- 2000 Royal Institution Scientist for the New Century
Kevin has launched two spin-out companies, Critical Pharmaceuticals Ltd (winner of 2002 Research Councils Business Plan Competition) & RegenTec Ltd.
- PADUANO F, MARRELLI M, ALOM N, AMER M, WHITE LJ, SHAKESHEFF KM and TATULLO M, 2017. Decellularized bone extracellular matrix and human dental pulp stem cells as a construct for bone regeneration. Journal of biomaterials science. Polymer edition. 1-19 (In Press.)
- XUE X, THIAGARAJAN L, BRAIM S, SAUNDERS BR, SHAKESHEFF KM and ALEXANDER C, 2017. Upper critical solution temperature thermo-responsive polymer brushes and a mechanism for controlled cell attachment JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY B. 5(25), 4926-493
- SMITH, STUART, GOULD, TOBY, TYLER, BETTY, VEAL, GARETH, RITCHIE, ALISON, GORELICK, NOAH, CHOI, JOHN, SKULI, NICOLAS, SHAKESHEFF, KEVIN, BREM, HENRY, GRUNDY, RICHARD and RAHMAN, RUMAN, 2017. GLIOMA SURVIVAL BENEFITS FROM NEUROSURGICAL DELIVERY OF PLGA/PEG INTERSTITIAL THERAPY NEURO-ONCOLOGY. 19, 56-56
- ALOM N, PETO H, KIRKHAM GR, SHAKESHEFF KM and WHITE LJ, 2017. Bone extracellular matrix hydrogel enhances osteogenic differentiation of C2C12 myoblasts and mouse primary calvarial cells. Journal of biomedical materials research. Part B, Applied biomaterials. (In Press.)