22 Oct Site Operations Manager
The purpose of this role is the leadership of the operations for all service teams within the Site and to deliver a world class service to both occupiers and client. To effectively maintain all property management and facilities management functions within the site – much of the below will need to be accomplished working with the Site Director.
The role will involve procurement of contracts (in conjunction with central support) and constant review of operations to ensure both best practice and a commercial approach are taken.
Control of all elements of health and safety for the site, basic elements of CDM and small project management. (support from central Building Consultancy Team will be available)
It will also involve providing management leadership for all service line teams and taking accountability for the MAPP operation
The Operations Manager will be based in and be directly responsible for the FM services, budgeting and data integrity at the Site, managing all, maintenance and services are maintained, whilst having due regard to expenditure and current legislation.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the authorisation of all works, budgets and supplier staff attendance and to ensure the operational elements of our property management agreement with our clients are adhered to.
You will be the technical advisor and link between the supply chain and the client as well as the go to individual for the operation of the Site.
You will become conversant with the lease and charging data across the site.
Experience in external building fabric repairs is essential as is experience of an agency or occupier side property management role
A strong understanding of M&E maintenance is highly desirable.
Key Performance Areas
- Health & Safety Legislation Compliance
- Customer and Tenant Satisfaction
- Services Team and Site Management
- Client Communication
- Efficient Planned Programme Maintenance (PPM) design and management
- Expenditure management – in relation to the service charge (but also regarding any Capital Projects that are undertaken)
- Property Management System accuracy
Successful monitoring of all occupier Licence works
Key Performance Measures
- Occupier satisfaction levels
- Client Satisfaction levels
- H&S Compliance
- Budget levels
- Variance to budget
- Site presentation (both LL and Occupier responsibility)
- Site services availability (MTHW)
Duties & Responsibilities
Contractors and Compliance
- Ensures compliance with the MAPP standards, policies and procedures.
- Communicate with the occupiers of the property in a courteous manner and assist where able and perform role as site “ambassador”.
- Maintain the highest standard of building management and cleanliness within area of responsibility and in accordance with agreed specifications. or to ensure that the positive image of the Science Park environment is pro-actively maintained by managing and overseeing the day-to-day delivery, to agreed standards, of estate services offered.
- Develop a close working relationship with all contractors to ensure they fully understand the MAPP culture and standards, ensuring a high quality service is delivered. Including, meeting regularly (at least weekly if not daily) with key contractors, to progress works and resolve operational issues.
- Control contractors working on site and oversee the management of the Permit to Work System as per MAPP instructions.
- Maintain an accurate record of contracts, value, termination dates and other details applicable to the park.
- Oversee the implementation of contract works only where appropriate to the service charge budget and within the authorities.
- Responsible for ensuring that Occupiers and contractors observe all Health and Safety and client specific rules while on site.
- Oversee management of service providers and monitor performance against contracted SLAs and KPIs.
- Carry out building and estate inspections with the service providers to identify works for consideration in the next year’s budget.
- Ensure all invoices are processed with the minimum of delay and that non-compliant invoices are referred back to the contractor.
- As required at allocated sites and as detailed in Site Specific Instructions.
- Close working relationship with the MAPP Building Consultancy and Surveying team, the Site Director, the National Operations Director (Parks) and the head office.
- Procurement of contracts and services
- Prepare CDM files for small LL works and projects (as such a health and safety qualification is desirable or relevant experience)
- Monitor and liaise with management of all projects being run on the site, whether at behest of site management, tenants or landowner.
Finance and Budgets
- In conjunction with the Site Director, creates and manages plans and budgets to assist in financial planning of the properties and meets agreed targets of +/- variable budgets.
- Assists client in achieving high standards of performance and delivery of client service.
- Identifies cost saving and performance enhancing opportunities.
- Identify potential financial initiatives for the site whether local business based or of a scientific nature.
- Draft and set the service charge budget in conjunction with the Client and team
- Manage expenditure in line with the agreed service charge and react to overspend as required
- Review service charge expenditure on a weekly basis
- Assist with all billing queries and all occupier billing matters where possible (liaising with others as required)
- Keep accurate records of all site raised charges and manage through to collection
- Manage all occupier charges ensuring accuracy of the management system
- Ability to work on own initiative
- To understand the client’s objectives and create property management plans to enable MAPP to support those objectives.
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of communicating at all levels
- Effective PC skills – work with Google (Gmail), Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint and Google Apps
- Ability to use AutoCAD highly desirable
- Desire for continuous process improvement and development of new technologies
- Energetic approach to duties
- Commercial awareness from experience and/or qualification
- Cost control, variance and forecasting reporting
- Staff management
- Management of contracts and contractors both soft and hard
- Aware of the impact of communication style
- Actively builds and develops relationships within the team and colleagues – seeks and develops new relationships that will support the park and the business
- Positive about learning, development and new ideas
- Embraces the MAPP core values and leadership principles
- Ensures customer satisfaction
- Effectively controls costs within own job area and awareness of those outside immediate responsibility
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Displays flexibility to ensure the achievement of targets
- Displaying integrity when dealing with colleagues, customers and staff
- Proven experience in similar operations of facilities environment, including significant M&E
- Customer Service experience
- Compiling and managing large service charge budgets
- Experience managing suppliers and contracts
- Previous exposure to project management will be beneficial
- Experience of Small project management
- Experience of complying with small scale CDM prep
- Experience of commercial property management essential (tenant/occupier or LL side)
- Experience and knowledge of laboratory environments and standards
Any other facilities management or laboratory management related qualification