Want to be part of a team transforming healthcare?
We are looking for a Silicon Process Engineer with a strong background in silicon etching and fabrication in a cleanroom setting, who can apply these skills in a real-world fast paced environment. You will have an unrivalled opportunity to develop cutting edge technology which will revolutionise healthcare options for millions and help us to disrupt the Medical Imaging industry.
You will be working closely with a bright and creative team of physicists and engineers who have deep experience in semiconductor research, product development and design. You will work alongside a small team designing and fabricating devices in the cleanroom.
You will have the opportunity to apply your processing knowledge and creativity to significantly impact company technology. Your production experience will be used to guide transfer to manufacturing efforts. This is a permanent full-time position initially based in cleanrooms at the world-renowned Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Oxfordshire. This initial period (approximately 6 months) will include training and R&D work. The role will then focus on process transfer from R&D to manufacturing and this will require relocation to our manufacturing location in Scotland’s Central Belt. We are happy to discuss how the role is split between Oxfordshire and Scotland with the successful candidate in light of personal commitments.
Medical imaging affects lives. An inconclusive first diagnosis can be frustrating and sometimes life threatening. A referral for a CT scan can mean a delay in diagnosis and therefore treatment. Moving a patient to and from an X-ray or CT machine in ICU or A&E can be dangerous and in radiology, early cancer detection is vital to help save lives.
At Adaptix we are helping make 3D imaging more accessible to the people who need it. We are producing a flat-panel X-ray source that is safer, lighter, more capable and lower cost than existing technology. We have spent the last five years developing and proving the technology and are now bringing it to market. We are looking for talented, motivated and self-directed people to join our informal, high energy team as we transform healthcare.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record in silicon fabrication and process transfer. You should be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively within a team.
Essential skills and experience:
• Silicon Fabrication Techniques: Familiarity with semiconductor etching, optical lithography, microscopy (optical and SEM) and thin-film deposition. The role involves routine fabrication of devices in a cleanroom setting, which are a core component of our products
• Processing Engineering skills: A proven track record of developing recipes in device fabrication. Planning and literature reviews to impact decisions about material choices, geometry, and post-processing.
• The role will grow to include transfer of the process recipe to a production foundry. Experience of transferring recipes from R&D to manufacturing is therefore essential.
• Working within a cleanroom environment focused on wafer fabrication and yield improvement
• Reporting and recording operational outcomes as part of a quality system
• Experience of conducting semiconductor inspection and analysis
Desirable skills and experience:
• Experience of wet-etching of silicon devices and dielectric growth
• Experience of working within a regulated environment
• Experience of working in ‘start-up’ environments with a culture of fast decision making
• Commercial awareness such as active planning and management of inventory levels
Are you ready to drive the technology?
Apply Now: Please email your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this role to [email protected]
Please ensure that you have the right to work in the UK before applying to work with us.
Compensation is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance will be available depending on circumstances (for example to support candidates based in Scotland in temporarily relocating to Oxfordshire; or for Oxfordshire based candidates who relocate permanently to Scotland Central Belt).
The closing date for applications is 10th March 2019, however, should we find a suitable candidate before this date the position may be filled earlier.