24 Jun Senior Scientist (Team Leader)
Upperton Pharma Solutions is a Nottingham-based CDMO that specialises in the formulation and spray drying of pharmaceutical and biotechnology products, providing a complete service from early-stage feasibility through to development and scale-up (including GMP clinical manufacture). As part of our rapid expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Scientist to join the team.
Working as part of the Pharmaceutical Sciences team based at Nottingham Science and Technology Park site in Nottingham, you will be part of a busy group working on client and internal scientific research and development projects. As a Senior Scientist you will be directly involved in leading, developing and mentoring the scientific team to achieve project goals and milestones. Projects within the group work on many different therapeutics including biologics and small molecules, and delivery routes including pulmonary, nasal and oral. You will be responsible for planning, overseeing and reviewing the scientific research on R&D projects as conducted by the Project Scientist Team, preparing and presenting data to clients, whilst ensuring high standards at all times. Workload is varied, but it is expected that the role will be split 80% office, 20% lab.
Ideal candidates will have at least eight years’ experience in pharmaceutical R&D, ideally in a CDMO environment. We are looking for complimentary skillsets to our current team, and experience in either area listed below is seen as desirable.
• Experience working with biologics (formulation or analytical).
• Experience in solid dosage formulation development and testing, e.g. granulation, tableting, capsule formulation development and dissolution testing.
• Be educated to degree level or higher in a related scientific/technical discipline.
• Have at least eight years’ experience in pharmaceutical R&D, ideally in a CDMO environment.
• Have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to effectively contribute within a team environment and work on own initiative.
• Understanding of safe working practices and risk assessment within laboratory settings.
• Experience with line management, mentoring and training of staff.
• Educated to PhD level, with experience supporting grant funded activities
• Experience of working within a quality management system.
• Working knowledge of GMP clinical manufacture.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Dr Laura Mason, Director of Pharmaceutical Sciences.