08 Sep Senior / Principal Scientist
Senior Scientist / Principal Scientist – Excellerate Bioscience (Nottingham UK)
We are currently seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our team as a Senior or Principal Scientist.
Working in partnership with our clients, we offer a dynamic team environment to provide flexible solutions for our in vitro compound profiling and mechanism of action studies, across a range of drug targets and disease classes. You will have a strong team work ethic, and the drive to develop innovative biochemical, cellular signalling and pharmacological assays. You will be able to conduct and supervise experiments of the highest quality, and have excellent analytical and communication skills. Experience in receptor, enzyme and cellular pharmacology is highly desirable.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Excellent team player working in partnership to execute clients’ drug discovery programs or develop novel technology assessments.
• Operate with a high level of independence and drive in assignments developing and conducting in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays using recognized approaches, methodologies and techniques.
• Implement developed assays to support client compound profiling and molecular mechanism of action studies, and compound screening campaigns.
• Strong analytical skills applying pharmacological principles and theories to independently interpret experimental data and solve problems of low/medium complexity.
• Ensure high data quality and reliable documentation of experiments and results in lab books and other documents in compliance with company policies and project needs. Identify the need for and ensure the implementation of risk assessments and SOPs as appropriate.
• Strong communication skills to provide a point of contact for clients/external collaborators, preparing and delivering data reports and presentations for project meetings.
• Provide expertise in molecular / cellular pharmacology across different project teams.
• Supervise and train junior scientists in assay development and molecular pharmacology methods for complex and technically demanding assays.
• Identify, evaluate and recommend new technologies or capital investment opportunities to maximize the group efficiency, meet scientific objectives and promote company as a leader in the field, aligned with company strategy.
• Develop personal research interests aligned to company strategy, resulting in peer-reviewed publication and presentation at external scientific meetings.
• Ensure all activities comply with appropriate health and safety legislation, company codes of practice and local rules. Promote the culture of safety and compliance among colleagues.
• Proactively plan and execute own personal development strategy.
Education Level / Experience:
PhD in Pharmacology / Cell Biology (or related discipline) with relevant work experience.
Principal Scientist level would require a proven track record in project management and client interfacing within a drug discovery environment.