BioAscent is a world-class company offering compound management and supply services to pharmaceutical companies. Having successfully secured investment to expand its services, it is now able to offer its clients a comprehensive drug discovery package including; assay development, screening, medicinal and synthetic chemistry as well as compound management and an in-house screening library.
To support its rapidly growing client base, BioAscent is looking to recruit innovative and enthusiastic Medicinal Chemists to contribute to a fast-growing, people orientated services business. The successful candidate will be an experienced scientist and will be able to demonstrate an outstanding track record of success in the laboratory preparing and analysing chemical compounds for biological testing.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Designing, planning and the execution of complex synthetic routes.
• Contributing to the interpretation of biological data and making suggestions for future work.
• Following safe working practices, complying with appropriate legislation and keeping accurate laboratory records.
• Communication of your results both internally and externally and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate or possess the following:
• Candidates must be professionally qualified with a PhD in a chemical science related discipline or a BSc in chemistry with subsequent experience of drug discovery either in industry or academia.
• An outstanding synthetic chemist able to design and prepare drug-like molecules using all appropriate modern methods for synthesis, analysis and purification.
• The ability to analyse and run appropriate spectroscopic and chromatographic methods to demonstrate purity and identity of samples e.g. LC-MS, NMR.
• The ability to plan, troubleshoot and successfully execute synthetic routes to novel compounds in a timely manner.
• A team player, an excellent communicator, enthusiastic, highly motivated, a committed laboratory worker with a passion for bench chemistry.
• Ability to use IT systems to support laboratory operations e.g. electronic lab notebook, literature searching.
• A flexible approach to their work and able to turn their hands to many activities in the lab with a commitment to quality and scientific excellence.
• Experience of interpreting SAR and producing tractable and rational plans for optimisation of compounds across a selection of properties e.g. bioactivity, DMPK, physicochemical properties.
• Use of computational chemistry packages to aid in the design of ligands and the rationalisation of biological results.
• Fragment based drug discovery.
Desirable individual characteristics should include:
• Innovative and creative thinking.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• A commitment to quality and scientific rigour.
• Enthusiasm for generating knowledge from data.
• Confidence to speak up, knows when to compromise, team player who is not afraid to take the lead.
You will have a flexible approach to your work, possess outstanding communication skills and be able to demonstrate your ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams. If you are interested in hearing more about the opportunities that may be available at BioAscent send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] Please include MC0319 in your cover letter/application.
Closing date for applications is 26th April 2019. Please note you must be eligible and able to work in the UK. Please include details of your eligibility in your covering letter.