BioCity, Glasgow based Interplex Plating Research and Development Centre are recruiting a Research Chemist / Laboratory Engineer.
- The candidate will assist with the Laboratory Instrumentation and Analytical Techniques.
- The candidate will assist in the development of plating chemistries and processes after a suitable period of training
- Training will be provided to ensure the graduate becomes proficient with Process, Quality & Environment Management systems in accordance to ISO9001/ISO14001 & TS16949 .
- The candidate will be trained to perform internal and external quality audits
- The candidate will be trained in relevant analysis techniques and a CPD programme will be developed for the individual based on the companies requirements with the R&D facility and also to meet our global aspirations
- The candidate must work collaboratively with in the facility and provides support to the R&D team and our global plating facilities.
- Ability to be self-directed, while working in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry , Analytical Chemistry , Chemical Engineering or Materials Science
- Ideally with some work experience within a laboratory, although full training will be provided.
- Knowledge of chromatography, spectroscopy and traditional analytical techniques.
- Ideally should have some experience in ICP, HPLC, IC, XRD, SEM/EDX, FT-IR
- Strong personal skills with ability to self-motivate, well organized and able to work individually and within a team.
- Willingness to learn new skills and develop a career within a high tech organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications ( Word, Excel, Outlook, Project)
Applications should be directed to:
William WAUGH William.Waugh@uk.interplex.com
Nantha Kumar CHANDRAN firstname.lastname@example.org>