12 May Research Assistant (Molecular Biology)
We are an innovative provider of molecular biology diagnostic tools serving the healthcare, research, and clinical industries. Our innovative products are distributed to a global customer network. The team and company are rapidly expanding where successful members thrive in our shared culture of accountability, deliberate trust and open communication. As a team, we aspire to work together to exceed expectations and collectively contribute across the global organization. This is a great opportunity to join a small team working on customisation and development of products within the Molecular Diagnostics field.
Advanced Molecular Diagnostics is seeking to appoint a talented Research Assistant for its rapidly growing research division to work on the customisation and development of new molecular products and contribute to the development and application of new methodologies.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Contributing to the bioinformatic design and development of new products (ex. Primer
• Collaborating in setting objectives including defining time-scales to complete test work.
• Promoting awareness of quality and customer requirements throughout the organisation.
• Organising and monitoring evaluation programms for testing of new
• Handling and implementing the production processes and tools.
• Managing planned improvement of current products/processes and responding to current
and future clients’ emails.
• Conducting market research into potential new products and clients to increase the
company’s molecular diagnostics portfolio.
• Accurate completion of paperwork and product documents following ISO 13485:2016
• Precise recording of experimental details and results.
• Careful completion of data processing, report writing and presenting results to the team.
• The majority of the work is office based, with occasion laboratory work as in when required.
Successful candidates will have:
• A degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biological Science, Medicine, or a related subject.
• Experience in a range of molecular biology techniques such as DNA and RNA extraction,
qPCR and RT-qPCR.
• Experience in developing and validating new assays for future products.
• A strong background in immunoassay and molecular biology related to clinical molecular
• Knowledge in writing COSH and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Self-drive, motivation and the ability to work as part of a team.
This is a part-time position.