12 Jun Part Time Receptionist / Facilities Assistant
Based at BioCity Nottingham, BioCity Group Limited is seeking an experienced, front of house receptionist with administrative experience to support the Facilities Manager as well as working closely with the facilities, security and engineering teams within an exciting fast- growing business. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a high-quality customer service to tenants and visitors.
Home to more than 200 pioneering Life Science and Healthcare companies, BioCity is an ambitious business incubator dedicated to helping small businesses tackle global healthcare challenges. Not the typical business incubator, BioCity takes a holistic approach to business support. It offers an in-house accelerator programme, investment platform, flexible lab and office space, UK wide network of mentors and specialised equipment, all housed within the various BioCity business locations.
Founded in 2002 by the University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University, BioCity Nottingham was the first site to open. In 2013 BioCity opened its second site in Nottingham, MediCity, which is located at the Boots site in Beeston. This growth continued and BioCity business incubators can now be found throughout the UK, creating one of the largest networks of med-tech, bio-tech, drug discovery and healthcare companies.
In 2017, BioCity was identified as one of Europe’s fastest growing companies in the Financial Times’ FT 1000 report. The BioCity model of support initially challenged the industry standard but quickly became the industry leader due to the unprecedented survival rates of BioCity based businesses.
In addition to the attributes described in the job description below, the ideal candidate will have experience of working on a busy front of house reception and have a high level of customer service skills. Highly self-motivated and professional, they will be capable of managing a busy workload and prioritising tasks in a calm and flexible manner. A high level of confidentiality and discretion will be paramount, as will the ability to work well within a small team and in line with BioCity’s culture.
Your place of work will be BioCity Nottingham and your contracted hours are 22.5 hours a week. A competitive salary will be paid based on experience. BioCity will contribute an amount equivalent to 4.5% of your salary to the company pension scheme and, on successful completion of probation, you will be eligible for life assurance of 4 x your annual salary along with participation in the BioCity Group share option scheme.
Reporting into the Facilities Manager your purpose is to help the Facilities Manager to be as effective, efficient and impactful as possible in the pursuit of BioCity’s objectives by anticipating, defining and meeting their administrative and organisational needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
As Part Time Receptionist / Facilities Assistant you will focus on providing a high-quality customer service experience for all tenants, visitors and staff members as well as providing support to the security and engineering teams. You will have primary responsibility for:
Reception and Facilities Team Tasks
- Greet and welcome guests in a professional and friendly manner
- Issuing all security passes to visitors, contractors, temporary staff
- Informing appropriate person on arrival of visitor
- Dealing with car parking arrangements for visitors, booking visitor spaces for tenant visitors
- Including issuing car park permits, as appropriate
- Booking taxis for BioCity staff
- Telephone services including answering calls, transfer of calls to appropriate persons, or taking and timely distribution of messages
- Ensure the reception, post room, common areas and entrance to the building are immaculate in appearance – organising any work which needs to be done
- Assisting with deliveries / collections from Royal Mail / couriers, when required
- Daily franking of BioCity tenant and staff post and monitoring and maintaining franking machine, consumables, credit, etc. (Innovation reception)
- Acting as first point of contact for tenants and for the facilities department, exercising judgement and initiative in determining how to progress / action enquiries
- Maintain the shared facilities and reception Outlook Inboxes
- Dealing with tenant queries
- Ordering stationery, staff uniforms, consumables, etc
- Set up of new tenant companies and new tenant staff
- Updating TEM and Risk Location registers
- Updating and maintaining CRM systems
In fulfilling the role described above we expect you to continually demonstrate:
- A real passion for the role and a desire to work closely as part of a small, close-knit team
- Strong organisational, time management and interpersonal skills alongside great attention to detail
- A positive approach, honesty, personal integrity and an understanding of confidentiality issues
- Tact and diplomacy in completing requests from internal and external team members, tenants and visitors
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- The ability to multitask and prioritise tasks
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Word and Excel
- The ability to work on own initiative, be self-motivated and proactive
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and willingness to help out other teams, if required
To apply, please forward your CV and covering letter, along with details of the documentation you hold to support your right to work in the UK.