The purpose of this role is to provide a professional and welcoming greeting to all visitors to the MediCity Nottingham site. To support the facilities team and be first point of contact for all clients and visitors.
BioCity Group is seeking an experienced, front of house receptionist with administrative experience to support the Centre Manager as well as working closely with the facilities, security and engineering teams within an exciting fast-growing business. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a high-quality customer service to tenants and visitors.
Home to more than 200 pioneering Life Science and Healthcare companies, BioCity is an ambitious business incubator dedicated to helping small businesses tackle global healthcare challenges. Not the typical business incubator, BioCity takes a holistic approach to business support. It offers an in-house accelerator programme, investment platform, flexible lab and office space, UK wide network of mentors and specialised equipment, all housed within the various BioCity business locations.
Founded in 2002 by the University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University, BioCity Nottingham was the first site to open. In 2013 BioCity opened its second site in Nottingham, MediCity, which is located at the Boots site in Beeston. This growth continued and BioCity business incubators can now be found throughout the UK, creating one of the largest networks of med-tech, bio-tech, drug discovery and healthcare companies.
In 2017, BioCity was identified as one of Europe’s fastest growing companies in the Financial Times’ FT 1000 report. The BioCity model of support initially challenged the industry standard but quickly became the industry leader due to the unprecedented survival rates of BioCity based businesses.
In addition to the attributes described in the job description below, the ideal candidate will have experience of working on a busy front of house reception and have a high level of customer service skills. Highly self-motivated and professional, they will be capable of managing a busy workload and prioritising tasks in a calm and flexible manner. A high level of confidentiality and discretion will be paramount, as will the ability to work well within a small team and in line with BioCity’s culture.
Your place of work will be MediCity Nottingham and your contracted hours are 37.5 hours a week. A competitive salary will be paid based on experience. BioCity will contribute an amount equivalent to 4.5% of your salary to the company pension scheme and, on successful completion of probation, you will be eligible for life assurance of 4 x your annual salary along with participation in the BioCity Group share option scheme.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greeting and assisting all visitors to MediCity.
- Ensuring all visitors sign in and out of the building and comply with all security guidelines.
- Issuing of temporary security passes to client staff and visitors.
- Informing appropriate person upon arrival of their visitor.
- Booking and managing car park spaces for visitors.
- Ensuring collection and deliveries work well and with ease for client.
- Answering telephone calls and managing multiple email inboxes.
- Ensuring the reception, café seating, common areas and entrance to the building are immaculate in appearance at all times.
- Assisting the Central Marketing Team with all client communications and ensuring brand and tone are as per guidelines.
- Monitoring and ordering of all office stationery.
- Acting as first point of contact for clients and for the facilities department, exercising judgement and initiative in determining how to progress / action enquiries.
- Assisting and supporting members of the MediCity team to ensure an efficient and professional service is provided to clients and visitors at all times.
- Create, maintain and ensure electronic and physical filing systems are kept up to date.
- Logging of all service requests ensuring requests are completed in appropriate timeframe and charges are sent to Centre Manager for invoicing purposes.
- Providing efficient and confidential administrative / ad hoc support to the other members of the MediCity Team, as required.
- Assisting Client Services Assistant when necessary with the setup / down of meeting rooms.
- Checking of meeting rooms for cleanliness and instructing cleaning team, as appropriate.
- Ensuring meeting room welcome signage is completed before client arrival.
The above list is not exhaustive, and you will be required to assist other colleagues from time to time to ensure an efficient service is given at all times in all departments.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Polished communication skills, both verbal and written, and excellent interpersonal skills developed through experience of communicating effectively with a range of people.
- Excellent attention to detail, maintaining high levels of accuracy, consistency and quality.
- An ability to work with minimal supervision; employ independent judgment, with desire to show initiative and the ability to anticipate needs and accomplish tasks without direction.
- IT skills to include spreadsheets, email, data entry, etc. Use of Microsoft Office and its applications.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
We Expect you to Continually Demonstrate
- High levels of personal organisation and drive.
- Confident and convincing sales and presentation skills.
- Developing knowledge of the healthcare, med tech, diagnostics sectors or the biotech and pharmaceutical sectors.
- A passion for helping entrepreneurs succeed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with entrepreneurs and start up team.
- Credibility and communications skills required to engage with a range of partner organisations to involve them in the BioCity Group sites.