23 Dec Project Scientist
Upperton Pharma Solutions is a Nottingham-based CDMO that specialises in the formulation and spray drying of pharmaceutical and biotechnology products, providing a complete service from early stage feasibility through to development and scale-up (including GMP clinical manufacture). Formulations cover a range of delivery routes, typically including oral (tablets & capsules), nasal and inhaled.
Working as part of the R&D team based at Nottingham Science and Technology Park site in Nottingham, you will be part of a busy group working on client and internal scientific research projects. You will be directly involved in undertaking practical and written project work to achieve project goals and milestones. The R&D team is focused on delivery of high-quality scientific research for clients, and projects typically involve formulation development and associated analytical testing.We are looking for complimentary skillsets to our current team, and experience in any area listed below is seen as desirable.
• Experience in analytical testing (specifically HPLC) of APIs and formulations, with associated trouble shooting.
• Experience in the characterisation of biomolecules and formulation of biologics, such as peptides, proteins, enzymes or antibodies.
• Experience in solid dosage formulation development and testing, e.g. granulation, tableting, capsule formulation development and dissolution testing.
• Be educated to degree level or higher in a related scientific/technical discipline with at least 1 years’ practical laboratory experience. Educated to PhD level is desirable.
• Have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to effectively contribute within a team environment and work on own initiative.
• Understanding of safe working practices and risk assessment within laboratory settings.
No agencies please
Closing date for applications: Sunday 10th January 2021
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Faye Henderson, HR & Office Manager