15 May Product Development Scientist.
Advanced Molecular Diagnostics Ltd — Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
An R&D Scientist position suitable for the graduate in a Biomedical within our Molecular biology Division working in our Molecular Development Team.
Do you hold a degree in a Biomedical Science “Molecular Biology Techniques”?
coupled with some industry exposure, and looking for an opportunity to join a successful company working in Molecular-based products?
We are a well-established provider of molecular biology diagnostic tools. Serving the healthcare, research, and clinical industries, Our innovative products are distributed to a global customer network.
We are seeking a Production Scientist, who holds some industry exposure, to work on the customisation and development of Molecular products.
The main responsibilities of the role will include;
• Prepare reagents and material, ordering consumables and perform other housekeeping tasks in alignment with operational day to day schedule
• Handle customer enquiries from the acceptance of technical product problems through to case
• Preparation, Performance and Documentation of stability study and QC Tests
• Continuously monitor the process and quality of our services and therefore deliver an important contribution to improving the service quality.
• Production tasks such as qPCR/amplification and Taqman Assay.
• Monitor and maintain stock levels of reagents and other materials
• Accurate completion of batch paperwork.
• Conducting market research into potential new products and clients to increase the company’s molecular diagnostics portfolio.
• Accurate completion of paperwork and product documents following ISO 13485:2016 standards.
• Careful completion of data processing, report writing, and presenting results to the team.
• Check and approve packaging based on specifications and original work.
• General office admin including knowledge of Microsoft Excel with the ability to create templates where needed.
• Experience in a range of molecular biology techniques PCR & QPCR.
• Experience in complaint management.
• A strong background in immunoassay and molecular biology related to clinical molecular diagnostics.
• Scientific and analytical techniques are all used to applicants
• Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
• Problem-solving skills
To be considered for the Production Scientist position, candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s degree/Master/PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biological Science or a related subject.
• Skills within Molecular biology techniques such as qPCR.
• Some industry experience is essential for this role
• Self-drive and motivation, and ability to work as part of a team.
Other benefits include:
• On-site free car parking and bike storage
• Yoga classes
• Fitness Studio
• Unique common areas with pool table
This is a great opportunity to join a small team working on customisation and development of products within the Molecular Biology field.
• On-site parking
• Flexible working hours
• Wellness programmes
Reference ID: Product Development Scientist.
Application deadline: 24/05/2020
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: £18,500.00 to £23,000.00 /year