25 Mar Molecular BioScientist/Senior Molecular Bioscientist
Cellomatics BioSciences Ltd. is a specialised and one of the fastest growing Contract Research Organisation (CRO) in UK providing pre-clinical laboratory services to support the drug development programmes of Biotech and Pharmaceutical companies.
We currently have vacancy for a highly motivated Senior Molecular BioScientist to join our operations at Biocity Nottingham, UK. This is a permanent role. This position will join our small, friendly team and will be reporting to Bioassay Operations and Study Manager.
– Undertake laboratory work as required and be responsible for drafting SOPs, COSHH as relevant
– Prepare and present complex scientific information to internal and external stakeholders
– Provide technical expertise and develop the technical capabilities of the department
– Keep abreast of regulatory and scientific guidelines and industry expectations and contribute to the establishment and delivery of appropriate services within the department.
– Provide expert advice on specific projects to colleagues and clients, maintaining awareness of current trends, issues and developments.
– Take a lead on method development, method transfer, method validation and optimization.
– Taking a lead role in problem resolution and ensure that the conduct and reporting of the project complies with the client requirements including review of data and production of scientific reports.
– Maintain stock of reagents and consumables required for client projects
– Continually seek to identify opportunities for and lead improvements in quality, productivity and automation and the introduction of new tests and techniques.
– Assist the scientific team in securing relevant accreditations.
– Assist in obtaining new business and in client inspection visits.
– Develop and maintain training programme modules in own area of expertise to meet client requirements and realise individual potential.
– Assist in the implementation of new equipment, IT systems and procedures / processes.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
– Ideally you will have a PhD in Molecular and Cellular Biology or a related discipline
– An experience working in a CRO or on client projects is highly desirable
– Significant experience and knowledge of a broad range of cellular and molecular biology assays including but not limited to functional assays, qRT-PCR, gene expressions, cell cloning, cell transfections (siRNA, lentivirus) and their application to drug discovery
– Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
– Strategic mindset with a demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
– Proven ability to work independently
– Positive attitude and sense of urgency
– Demonstrated computer skills – requires excellent MS Office Experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
What we offer:
Our benefits package includes a competitive salary, performance and target related bonus annually, 3% employer pension contribution, 24 days annual leave, flexible working options and access to an on-site Cafe. This position is based at our Biocity Nottingham office.
To apply, please confirm your status of eligibility to work in the UK and send your CV with a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for this role to [email protected]