We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager on a nine months fixed term contract to cover maternity leave, on a flexible part time basis. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can hit the ground running building base line transactions into financial information. Qualifications Professional recognised accountancy qualification ACA, ACMA, ACCA Skills & Experience Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures Experience In providing management information Able to produce meaningful monthly reporting including P&L, Balance Sheet, and variance to budget analysis and cash flow reporting Payroll experience preferred Good IT skills, experience of SAGE would be advantageous.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Processing and paying all company invoices and credit notes, making domestic and international payments and setting up payment reminders
- Staff salary payments and liaison with payroll bureau
- All HMRC payments including PAYE VAT etc
- Control all aspects of the financial accounts including bank reconciliations and VAT returns ensuring all financial transactions are correctly recorded and anomalies investigated.
- Monitoring the two company bank accounts and making regular cash top-ups as required
- Carry out all processing required by Sage including, posting all invoices on Sage Instant Accounts, coding all expenditure, posting actual payment dates of the invoices and ensuring back-ups of work and data.
- Monthly cash flow reporting to monitoring and interpret cash flows predicting future trends.
- Discuss trends, variances, opportunities and potential risks with the Operations Director, on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure any audits are managed smoothly create Audit timetable and packs in conjunction with Auditors.
- Develop internal relationships required for Finance to fulfil its duties.
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as the Inland Revenue.
- Comply with all Econic, company policies and Health and Safety procedures
Eligibility and Expectations
- • In order to qualify for this position, you will need to be authorised to live and work in the UK.
- You must have respect for others and a commitment and enthusiasm for high standards and continuous improvement.
- At Econic Technologies we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome employees who meet the requirements of the job, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, religion or sexual orientation.
Important information regarding your application:
Please note that we will not be confirming receipt of applications. Please include in your application confirmation of your consent for Econic to hold your information and personal details for recruitment purposes. Applications without consent will be discarded.
With regard to an application the procedure outlined will be followed:
- Econic will keep records of your application strictly for recruitment purposes.
- Any recruitment documentation will be kept for 12 months following the job position being filled.
- The successful candidates’ recruitment documentation will be kept in accordance with Econic’s Internal Personal Data Policy.