19 Jun DMPK Modelling and Simulation Scientist – PK/PD
Based in Nottingham
Competitive salary and benefits
Permanent, full time/36.25 hours per week
XenoGesis is looking for a DMPK Modelling and Simulation Scientist to support client projects from early discovery stages through to clinical trials. The successful applicant will assist in the development, implementation and validation of PK and PK/PD models using pre-clinical in vitro and in vivo data with the ultimate aim of providing a robust prediction of human pharmacokinetics and efficacious dose.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company and may suit someone who either has previous relevant industrial experience looking for their next challenge or a recent graduate starting their career within industry.
• Our ideal candidate will either have a BSc, MSc or PhD in pharmacometrics, pharmaceutical sciences, engineering, mathematics or systems biology
• Industrial experience in the use of modelling and simulation to support drug discovery would be beneficial
• Excellent understanding of theory, principles and statistical aspects of advanced mathematical modelling and simulation
• A good understanding of the basic principles of pharmacokinetics and the use of pre-clinical data for human efficacious dose prediction
• Experience in the use of software and applications in the area of PK and PKPD modelling and simulation (e.g. Phoenix, MATLAB, Berkeley-Madonna or comparable applications)
• Awareness of the principles of PBPK modelling (experience with PBPK software would be an advantage)
• Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to summarise outcomes in a clear and concise manner
Salary & benefits:
XenoGesis offers a competitive salary with a great range of benefits to include 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays, company sick pay, annual bonus based on targets, work place pension scheme, life assurance, cycle to work scheme, modern laboratories and offices in the heart of Nottingham.
Founded in 2011, XenoGesis has grown to over 30 employees and is now the UK’s largest independent laboratory-based contract research organisation, specialising in preclinical drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics (DMPK). We have recently moved to state of the art lab and office space and continue to invest in the latest cutting-edge technology, ensuring the best possible service for our global client base. We are based in BioCity in Nottingham.
If you are interested and wish to discuss further details about this role, please call Simeon Ractliffe in confidence on 0115 698 0303 or send your CV application to [email protected]
Closing date Friday 19th July 2019