You will play an instrumental role in our organisational growth by executing our shared vision of transforming radiology. Reporting directly to the COO (currently the CEO is interim), you will have scope to deliver on a growth strategy to which you will contribute. You will have an opportunity to take on both a strategic and hands-on role in defining key systems and processes.
You enjoy creating and leading high performing teams and bringing structure, processes and a direction of travel to drive growth. In return for your efforts you will have an unrivalled opportunity to revolutionise healthcare delivery for millions and disrupt the Medical Imaging industry.
Medical imaging affects lives. An inconclusive first diagnosis can be frustrating and sometimes life threatening. A referral for a CT scan can mean a delay in diagnosis and therefore treatment. Moving a patient to and from an X-ray or CT machine in ICU or A&E can be dangerous and in radiology, early cancer detection is vital to help save lives.
We are helping make 3D imaging more accessible to the people that need it by producing a flat-panel X-ray source that is safer, lighter, more capable and lower cost than existing technology. We have spent the last five years developing and proving the technology and are now bringing it to market. We are looking for talented, motivated and self-directed people to join us as we transform healthcare.
• You should have an interest in science and healthcare and an affiliation with our mission
• You have a background in leading Manufacturing, Operations or NPI in either the Medical Imaging or another highly regulated environment such as Defence
• You have a minimum qualification level of BEng/BSc or equivalent
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Promoting the vision of the business and setting the culture
• Controlling the operational direction of the company by designing and implementing strategies, plans and procedures to facilitate growth and drive efficiency and profitability
• Completing the implementation of ISO 13485:2016 and ensuring products and working practices comply with relevant standards
• Transitioning the first product from R&D to manufacturing and driving production processes through standardisation, technology and innovation, and the implementation of Lean methodology
• Overseeing the supply chain, and strategic and operational management of Operations and Manufacturing functions, and then Production Engineering
• Setting standards in collaboration with the CEO and working across teams to ensure that processes, training and quality of product output reflects these standards
• Operational management of a rapidly growing business during scaling from current operations team (6 employees) to a target level of over 30 employees
• Ability to rapidly assimilate market and technical knowledge
• The ability to communicate effectively across functions at all levels of the business
• The ability to influence and manage effective internal and external relationships
• Commercial acumen
• Effective strategic planning
• Proficiency and knowledge of cGMP, manufacturing workflows, systems and requirements, and ISO13485 or ISO9001
• Proven experience and track record in supplier development and inventory management
• Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
• Proven track record of delivering results in a relevant high-level role
• Experience of working at management level in Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Operations
• Proven track record of leading a multi-disciplinary team
• New Product Implementation, ideally in a regulated industry
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Previous role as Operations Director
• Scaling a division or organisation
• Establishing a new operational or manufacturing site
• Prior experience of SMEs and Multi-nationals
• Successfully leading an ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 implementation