06 Apr Director / Associate Director of Analytical Services
Upperton Pharma Solutions is a contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) that specialises in the production of novel pharmaceutical drug products for use in clinical trials. Our clients come from across the globe, seeking to utilise our specialist knowledge and experience in the development of a wide range of challenging pharmaceutical formulations that are used to treat indications as diverse as oncology, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
The Upperton laboratories and manufacturing plant are situated on the Science Park, adjacent to the University of Nottingham, and since obtaining an MHRA clinical trials manufacturing licence in 2019 we have experienced rapid, continuous growth across the whole business to continually satisfy our growing, international customer base.
As part of this expansion programme Upperton is now looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to both lead and further develop our rapidly expanding Analytical Development Services team.
• Lead and develop a cross-functional analytical team across the whole Upperton business (GMP and development) – including external recruitment and internal progression for the analytical team.
• Provide technical expertise and demonstrate troubleshooting capabilities across a range of analytical techniques, for both GMP and development projects
• Ensure sure that all customer work is performed on time and to the appropriate quality standard
• Ensure GMP compliance, adherence to internal procedures in all analytical operations
• Manage analytical timelines to ensure that all analytical deliverables are met
• Liaise with Commercial team on customer quotations
• Represent the analytical team in client and regulatory meetings/audits/Inspections
• Sit on the Upperton Management Board, providing updates on the activities of the Analytical Services Team & working with other Directors to ensure company targets are met
To satisfy the demands of this exciting yet challenging role we are looking to recruit a highly motivated individual that has the following skills and experience necessary to perform the role:
• At least 10 years’ experience of working to pharmaceutical GMP standards in an analytical laboratory within a CDMO environment
• Significant technical and practical experience in the testing of GMP materials from starting materials through to release of finished products (including troubleshooting of analytical issues in a GMP environment).
• A track record of building and managing a team of analytical scientists
• Experience of:
• Establishing and running stability studies
• Data management and reporting from both in-house and external third-party laboratories.
• Presenting analytical data and solutions to clients as a member of the project team