09 May Delivery & Collections Co-Ordinator
Reporting into the Facilities Manager your purpose is to provide efficient and professional operations and stock management services to internal and external clients at the BioCity Scotland site.
BioCity Group is seeking an experienced, responsible Delivery and Collections Co-Ordinator to support the Facilities Manager as well as work closely with the facilities, security and engineering teams within an exciting fast-growing business. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a high-quality customer service to tenants and visitors.
Home to more than 200 pioneering Life Science and Healthcare companies, BioCity is an ambitious business incubator dedicated to helping small businesses tackle global healthcare challenges. Not the typical business incubator, BioCity takes a holistic approach to business support. It offers an in-house accelerator programme, investment platform, flexible lab and office space, UK wide network of mentors and specialised equipment, all housed within the various BioCity business locations.
Founded in 2002 by the University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University, BioCity Nottingham was the first site to open. In 2013 BioCity opened its second site in Nottingham, MediCity, which is located at the Boots site in Beeston. This growth continued and BioCity business incubators can now be found throughout the UK, creating one of the largest networks of med-tech, bio-tech, drug discovery and healthcare companies.
In 2017, BioCity was identified as one of Europe’s fastest growing companies in the Financial Times’ FT 1000 report. The BioCity model of support initially challenged the industry standard but quickly became the industry leader due to the unprecedented survival rates of BioCity based businesses.
In addition to the attributes described in the job description below, the ideal candidate will have experience working in a busy environment and have a high level of customer service skills. Highly self-motivated and professional, they will be capable of managing a busy workload and prioritising tasks in a calm and flexible manner. Confidentiality and discretion will be paramount, as will the ability to work well within a small team and in line with BioCity’s culture.
Your place of work will be BioCity Scotland and your contracted hours will be twenty (20) hours per week Monday to Friday, hours of work will be between 10.00 a.m. and 2.00 p.m. A competitive salary will be paid based on experience. BioCity will contribute an amount equivalent to 4.5% of your salary to the company pension scheme and, on successful completion of probation, you will be eligible for life assurance of four (4) times your annual salary along with participation in the BioCity Group share option scheme.
Duties and Responsibilities
Managing Incoming Deliveries:
- Greeting delivery / courier companies and supervising / directing unloading, as necessary.
- Receiving, checking, sorting, logging, inspecting (ensuring they are of accurate quantity, type and acceptable quality) and storing goods received.
- Informing and co-ordinating with appropriate person of delivery/s and arranging collection via phone or email.
- Ensuring all paperwork accompanying the delivery is forwarded to the appropriate person.
- Following up on uncollected deliveries.
- Notifying tenants of Special Delivery, dry ice, temperature-controlled items, etc.
- Taking receipt and sorting of incoming Royal Mail post, if required (ad hoc basis)
Managing Outgoing Dispatches:
- Packaging and labelling of products before they are dispatched.
- Shipping out client parcels when
- Picking and delivering consumables to clients.
- Preparing deliveries for the van
Managing Laboratory Consumable Store:
- Ensuring that all inventory processes are completed on the same day.
- Moving, organising and safely storing stock.
- Monitoring, signing off and replenishing stock on a FIFO
- Handling customer orders and enquiries for laboratory consumables.
Managing the Warehouse:
- Ensuring a clean and safe goods in, stock room and surrounding area
- Using Mechanical Handling Equipment e. fork lift, pallet trucks to move goods around.
- Monitoring the dock and store areas to ensure they are kept neat and tidy
- Organise courier collections for BioCity staff and tenants
- Site Duties
- As Delivery and Collections Co-Ordinator you may be called upon to perform other site duties as and when
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent attention to detail, maintaining high levels of accuracy, consistency and quality.
- An ability to work with minimal supervision, employ independent judgment with desire to show initiative and the ability to anticipate needs and accomplish tasks without direction.
- IT skills to include the use of Microsoft Office and its applications, e.g. spreadsheets, word processing, email, data entry, etc.
- Experience working in a store / delivery / collection environment.
- Experience in dealing with laboratory / chemical supplies and working in a lab-based environment.
- Experience working in a customer orientated and service environment.
- Able to demonstrate a desire to achieve the best possible results by providing a high level of customer service whether in person or via telephone or email.
- Identify problems, analyse (taking account of relevant factors) and deliver effective solutions.
- Able to communicate effectively and work reliability and responsibly with tenants, suppliers and internal colleagues and external companies.
- Present a professional, corporate, courteous and efficient service to all visitors, tenants, suppliers and any other parties.
- Able to communicate effectively with tenants, visitors and colleagues.
We Expect you to Continually Demonstrate
- High levels of personal organisation and drive.
- A passion for helping entrepreneurs succeed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with entrepreneurs and start up team.
- Credibility and communications skills required to engage with a range of partner organisations to involve them in the BioCity Group sites.