The Technologist will work as part of the scientific team to support the research and development of Econic’s novel catalyst technology. We are looking for a colleague who has some experience of working in an industrial chemical laboratory. To thrive in this role, you will have experience in organic synthesis, you will need to be hands-on and able to work independently, adaptable to ideas and change, resourceful and self-motivated. The role is based within our highly innovative team in Alderley Edge, Cheshire.
BSc in Chemistry is essential, MSc in Chemistry would be desirable. Chemical industry experience is highly desirable. At least 1 year of research experience (preferably including organic synthesis) in an industrial or academic laboratory is essential.
Skills & Experience
– Ability to execute an experimental work plan; drawing on input/advice and feedback from the team leader and wider team.
– Experience in organic synthesis is essential, direct experience with catalysts and/or complex organic molecules is desirable.
– Capable of performing and understanding routine analysis methods such as NMR, IR, UV-Vis spectroscopy, Mass spectrometry.
– Excellent numeracy and literacy, and computer literacy.
– Proficiency in key MS Office programs (Excel, Word) is desirable.
– Ability to work independently with good problem-solving skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Maintain an excellent safety culture by timely reporting of all safety incidents and learning events.
– Carry out research under the guidance of the team leader; involving organic synthesis, catalyst development, lab-based polymerisation reactions, and the use of high-pressure equipment.
– Execution of an experimental work plan, drawing on input from the rest of the team and other key stake holders.
– Documentation and timely reporting of all experimental work.
– Assisting the team to ensure procedures are developed and kept up to date.
– Build strong, positive working relationships with team members.
– Actively contribute to continuous improvement by developing ideas to improve personnel safety, environmental aspects and process improvement.
– Manage stock levels of key consumables, maintain facilities and equipment for the team, in line with laboratory demand planning. Where appropriate, training will be provided for routine maintenance.
– General facility housekeeping duties.