06 Oct BioScientist/Senior BioScientist
Cellomatics BioSciences Ltd. is a specialised and one of the fastest growing Contract Research Organisation (CRO) in UK providing pre-clinical laboratory services to support the drug development programmes of Biotech and Pharmaceutical companies.
We currently have vacancy for a highly motivated BioScientist/Senior Bioscientist to join our operations at Biocity Nottingham, UK. This is a fixed term 1-year contract with a potential to extend. This position will join our small, friendly team and will be reporting to Bioassay Operations and Study Manager
The primary responsibility is to develop profitable business with new and existing clients and to build strong commercial relationships and customer loyalty.
• Undertake laboratory work as required and be responsible for drafting SOPs, COSHH as relevant
• Prepare and present complex scientific information to internal and external stakeholders
• Provide technical expertise and develop the technical capabilities of the department
• Keep abreast of regulatory and scientific guidelines and industry expectations and contribute to the establishment and delivery of appropriate services within the department.
• Provide expert advice on specific projects to colleagues and clients, maintaining awareness of current trends, issues and developments.
• Take a lead on method development, method transfer, method validation and optimization.
• Taking a lead role in problem resolution and ensure that the conduct and reporting of the project complies with the client requirements including review of data and production of scientific reports.
• Maintain stock of reagents and consumables required for client projects
• Continually seek to identify opportunities for and lead improvements in quality, productivity and automation and the introduction of new tests and techniques.
• Assist the scientific team in securing relevant accreditations.
• Assist in obtaining new business and in client inspection visits.
• Develop and maintain training programme modules in own area of expertise to meet client requirements and realise individual potential.
• Assist in the implementation of new equipment, IT systems and procedures / processes.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
• Ideally you will have a PhD in pharmacology, biochemistry or a related discipline
• An experience working in a CRO or on client projects is highly desirable
• Significant experience and knowledge of a broad range of bioscience related disciplines (enzymology, biophysics, cell biology, pharmacology) and their application to drug discovery
• Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
• Strategic mindset with a demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
• Proven ability to work independently
• Positive attitude and sense of urgency
• Demonstrated computer skills – requires excellent MS Office Experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
What we offer:
Our benefits package includes a competitive salary, a discretionary performance-based bonus, 3% employer pension contribution, 24 days annual leave, flexible working options and access to an on-site Cafe. This position is based at our BioCity Nottingham office.
To apply, please confirm your status of eligibility to work in the UK and send your CV with a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for this role to [email protected]