25 Mar Bioassay/Senior Bioassay Scientist – Flow cytometry and Fluorescence Imaging
We currently have vacancy for a highly motivated Bioassay/Senior Bioassay Scientist – Flow cytometry/Fluorescence Imaging to join our operations at Biocity Nottingham, UK. This is a permanent role. This position will join our small, friendly team and will be reporting to Bioassay Operations and Study Manager.
Cellomatics BioSciences Ltd. is a specialised Contract Research Organisation (CRO) providing pre-clinical laboratory services to support the drug development programmes of Biotech and Pharmaceutical companies.
– Undertake laboratory work as required and be responsible for drafting SOPs, COSHH as relevant
– Prepare and present complex scientific information to internal and external stakeholders
– Provide technical expertise and develop the technical capabilities of the department
– Keep abreast of regulatory and scientific guidelines and industry expectations and contribute to the establishment and delivery of appropriate services within the department.
– Provide expert advice on specific projects to colleagues and clients, maintaining awareness of current trends, issues and developments.
– Take a lead on method development, method transfer, method validation and optimization.
– Taking a lead role in problem resolution and ensure that the conduct and reporting of the project complies with the client requirements including review of data and production of scientific reports.
– Maintain stock of reagents and consumables required for client projects
– Continually seek to identify opportunities for and lead improvements in quality, productivity and automation and the introduction of new tests and techniques.
– Assist the scientific team in securing relevant accreditations.
– Assist in obtaining new business and in client inspection visits.
– Develop and maintain training programme modules in own area of expertise to meet client requirements and realise individual potential.
– Assist in the implementation of new equipment, IT systems and procedures / processes.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
– PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology/Life Sciences
– 2+ years of experience working in a CRO or on client projects essential
– Experience of working with primary human/animal cells is essential
– Previous experience in cell culture, flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy is essential
– Excellent working knowledge of Cell Profiler/Image J and any other imaging analysis software is essential
– Experience in pharmacology/biochemical assays is desirable but not essential
– Ability to work to strict deadlines and multi-tasking is essential
– Excellent communication skills and proven experience of presenting complex information to clients.
– Proven skills and experience in designing and trouble-shooting assays
– High level understanding of the techniques
– High level of interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
– Ability to develop novel assays in Immuno-Oncology, Immunology, Inflammation and Respiratory is desirable
What we offer:
Our benefits package includes a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, 3% employer pension contribution, flexible working options and access to an on-site Cafe. This position is based at our Biocity Nottingham office.
To apply, please confirm your status of eligibility to work in the UK and send your CV with a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for this role to [email protected]