08 Jul Bioassay Research Assistant
Cellomatics BioSciences Ltd has a vacancy for 2 Bioassay Research Assistants to join our operations at BioCity Nottingham, UK with an immediate start!
The role is initially offered on a 12-month contract with potential to extend.
Cellomatics BioSciences Ltd. is a specialised Contract Research Organisation (CRO) providing pre-clinical laboratory services to support the drug development programmes of Biotech and Pharmaceutical companies.
• Undertake laboratory work as required and be responsible for drafting SOPs, COSHH as relevant
• Responsible for day to day laboratory maintenance and relevant housekeeping duties
• Assist in method development, method transfer, method validation and optimization.
• Assist in problem resolution and ensure that the conduct and reporting of the project complies with the client requirements, including review of data and production of scientific reports.
• Raise a Purchase order and maintain stock of reagents and consumables required for client projects
• Continually seek to identify opportunities for and lead improvements in quality, productivity and automation and the introduction of new tests and techniques.
• Assist the scientific team in securing GLP and ISO accreditation
• Assist in obtaining new business and in client inspection visits.
• Develop and maintain training programme modules in own area of expertise to meet client requirements.
• Assist in the implementation of new equipment, IT systems and procedures / processes.
• B.Sc/M.Sc degree in Bioscience
• Experience of working in a CRO and on client projects is essential
• Ability to work to strict deadlines is essential
• Experience of working with primary human/animal cells is essential
• Previous experience in cell culture, cell based functional assays, high throughput screening, fluorescence microscopy, multiplex immunoassays, western blot, qRT-PCR, molecular assays, Immuno-Oncology assays
• Proven skills and experience in designing and trouble-shooting the technologies used in the section/department
• High level understanding of the techniques used in their field of expertise
• High level of interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
What we offer:
Our benefits package includes a competitive salary; discretionary bonus, 2% employer pension contribution, flexible working options and access to an on-site Cafe. This position is based at our Biocity Nottingham office.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for one of these roles to [email protected]